pinterest pin it

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Designer Style Challenge

Twice a year for many years I have been attending or working at a booth at Creativ Festival (formerly Creative Sewing and Needlework Festival). When I first started to attend I was mostly doing counted cross stitch as my crafting past time.

I remember going to the show when it was down at the Automotive Building at the CNE. Some class rooms had amazing views of Lake Ontario. I met fellow crafts from an online group to share finds and treasures during a Saturday evening dinner.

I tried many different crafts and started many different projects. I also got to meet and learn from some of my favourite designers, cross stitch designers; Teresa Wentzler and Jennifer Aiken-Smith, beadwork and  jewellry designers; Maria Rypan, Marilyn Gardiner and Vicki Green.

This fall marks the 25th anniversary of the fall show. To celebrate they are having a Designer Style Challenge. I have decided to enter both the Beadwork and Jewellery Design and Paper Arts categories. I have found my inspiration for colours and designs in this amazing watercolour painting of irises.