pinterest pin it

Friday, December 12, 2014

Snowman Box

Christmas is only weeks away and yesterday winter fully arrived in Toronto with a storm dumping over 10 centimetres of snow.

I have been working on a snowy project of my own since the beginning of the month. Julia Pretl released a new pattern for a snowman box. I just could not say no.
Julia's original snowman as posted on Facebook
I posted my progress on Facebook and got lots of great feedback. I also worked on the hat at the Wednesday Toronto Bead Society to meeting. The snowman had many admires even without his hat.
Hooray he has arms!
Cute face and spike (carrot) nose!
Base completed
At Toronto Bead Society meeting
Late last night I finished the hat. Here is my finished snowman box. When I started this project I did not have the green beads that Julia listed in the pattern, so I used some red that I had. I also decided to reverse the colours on the hat for a more traditional top hat look.
Finished!!!
With hat off
Different angle
You may notice that on my snowman the scarf is flipped. I am not sure why this happens when I follow Julia's pattern.

This little guy is going to will be going to a new home over the holiday season. Now I have to get to work make at least one more before Christmas.

Happy Beading!

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love, love, love this little guy!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh your snowman is so cute! I have Julia's Little Boxes book and I have done the triangle box. I just saved her website to my favorites, thank you for sharing.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's very cute and I like the colors that you used.
    ~cryssT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo-Ann, Your snowman is adorable.

    ReplyDelete