pinterest pin it

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Pearls Blog Hop Reveal

I started working on the pieces for the challenge shortly after I got the beads in May.

I started with this necklace. 

Using two different shades of the lilac and faceted crystals from the kit I added some silver hearts. The closure is a magnetic heart with crystal embellishment. This piece can be worn with the closure at the front or back.


Next I played with doing some sort of a netted design with the grey rice pearls but was not happy with any of the ideas. So I decided to do a simple ladder stitch bracelet using purple velvet Swarovski crystals on the edges. This is long enough to be worn as a double wrap bracelet or a choker.


Here are the blogs of this hop:

Our hostess:  Lisa Lodge, A Grateful Artist

Kim Dworak, Cianci Blue

Beti Horvath, Stringing Fool Jewelry
Veralynne Malone, Designed by Vera
Gloria Allen, Gloria Allen Designs
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Ann Schroeder, Bead Love
Kari Asbury, Hippie Chick Design


6 comments:

  1. Nice...love the necklace with the hearts. Of course anything purple is for me. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love those hearts and that clasp - the necklace is so pretty. I also really like the way you used the rice pears - that is a great idea, I always have a hard time figuring out what to do with them, but they are so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pieces! Love the little hearts and pearls together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo-Ann - you created such pretty pieces. They have a romantic feel to them. I would wear both with pride. I especially like the hearts. Thanks for being in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty pieces. Great clasp on the heart necklace! I love how you used the rice pearls in the bracelet.

    ReplyDelete