pinterest pin it

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Beadwork - Finishing Unfinished Projects

This past weekend I decided that it was time to try and finish some UFO (Unfinished objects). From the recent Bead and Button special Right Angle Weave magazine I had started the Edwardian Lace necklace. I had finished the necklace and had started the matching bracelet. I got to the point where I had to decide what type of finding to use. In the magazine they used an extentor chain and lobster claw. I prefer to use toggles on bracelets so that I can put them on myself. Here is my finished set.

Photobucket
Back in October I had started a box but I ran out of one of the colours. I was able to get the colour I needed at the bead fair a few weeks ago. I finished beading the lid and created a finial with lampwork bead and a Swarovski crystal.


Photobucket

At Bead Fair I took a class with Marilyn Gardiner to make a Captive Round Necklace in Copper with captive silver beads. In the class I purchased an extra kit so that I could make two bracelets as well as the necklace. I finished one of the bracelets in class. I finished the necklace later in the week. I will make up the second bracelet at a later date to give as a gift. Here are pictures of the finished necklace and bracelet.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment