pinterest pin it

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Beadwork - Inspiration

I have started another box. With other boxes I have often found that choosing the right finial was the challenge of the piece. This time I have taken the inspiration for the colours from a set of lampwork beads that I purchased to use as the feet and the finial. The lampwork beads are by Elly Peters.

Photobucket

I have other boxes planned based on colour palettes for Margie Deeb's book The Beader's Color Palette. It is a great inspirational book. Each palette list delica colour numbers.

3 comments:

  1. Deare JoAnn,

    Thank you for posting about being inspired by my book, "The Beader's Color Palette." Its so fun to see people find value in my love of color and my books.

    Sincerely,
    Margie

    www.MargieDeeb.com
    author of "The Beader's Color Palette" and "The Beader's Guide to Color"
    BLOG: http://colorforbeadartists.com/
    NEWSLETTER: www.margiedeeb.com/html/mailing_list.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo-Ann, this book looks like a fine resource, and I'm glad you wrote about it. Thank you!

    --Dave
    (@Rings_Things on Twitter)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I'm tickled pink! You really matched those colours well!!

    ReplyDelete