pinterest pin it

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Beadwork - Galaxy Necklaces

Amy Waldman Smith, an amazing glass artist and fellow member of the Toronto Bead Society, makes these amazing bead sets. They etched glass dotted with fine silver. I have a number of these sets but have done nothing with them.

I started with the set that is browns, oranges, reds and yellows. I strung them with two different Swarovski crystals and small silver beads.

Photobucket

I made a matching set of earrings.

Photobucket

My other two sets have fewer beads. So I designed a section of beading which I extended with pieces of sterling silver chain.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wore the blue one to work yesterday and the jump ring holding the toggle opened. I am going to change them to split rings to make it more secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment