pinterest pin it

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Felted Vessel

It was my first day at the Fall Creativ Festival. Today I took Dawn Liu-Smyth's Felted Vessel class. It was an all day class that end with an amazing finished vessel.

Our starting equipment

Circle resist

First layer of ice blue merino

Wet on both sides

2nd and 3rd layers done
 At this stage we broke for lunch. That could be why I thought that my  piece looked like a pizza with no toppings.

Silk hankie surface embellishments

The other side

Rolled up and ready to start the felting process
 After lots of rolling, rotating, and flipping the fibers had start to come together.

Time to cut an opening
With a balloon inside to help with the shaping

Rinsed and drying
 At the end of the class we each had a unique vessel drying on a balloon. I love that look of my vessel. Once it is dry I will add some additional bead embellished.

No classes tomorrow but I will be at the Rypan Designs booth #717 for the day.

1 comment:

  1. Jo-Ann, I am drooling... that looks like such fun (learning new ways to play always is LOL). Can't wait to see how you bejewel your new creation and make it your own!

    ReplyDelete