pinterest pin it

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Return of the Iris Twist Vase

After being gone for over a year, my Iris Twist Vase has finally returned home.

Its journey started last July when I took it to the Richmond Hills offices of Creativ Festival for judging as a semi-finalist in the Designer Style Challenge.

It was on display during last fall's 25th anniversary Creativ Festival show.

During the awards ceremony on the Saturday it got to walk down the catwalk.

I was awarded third place in the beadwork category. I won an amazing bag of Swarovski crystals.

After the show the sponsor of the beadwork category, Swarovski, got to take the three winning pieces for a year.

So for the past year my vase had been with the wonderful people from Swarovski. They returned it to the Creativ Festival staff at this year's fall show.
Today it was delivered by courier to my workplace and tonight it is will be back home with all of my beaded creations.

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome year it has been... congrats on your accomplishment, Jo-Ann!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it has been. It is great to have my vase back home.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! What an exquisite work of art so deserving of Swarovski's honor! Glad you have it home now. It must have made many people amazed in person.

    P.S. I started with a blog hop, and just kept reading. I am enjoying your work & reading your blog very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look around. This vase is something that I am very proud of and glad that it is back home.

      Delete