pinterest pin it

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Ocean Blog Hope Reveal Day #2


It has been two weeks since I revealed my creations as part of the Ocean Blog Hop. Today is the second reveal day and here are the participants-
Our hostess:  Lisa Lodge, A Grateful Artist
Carolyn Lawson, Carolyn's Creations
Toltec  Jewels, Jewel School Friends
Karla Morgan, Texas Pepper Jams
Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
Candida Elkins Castleberry, Spun Sugar Beadworks
Catherine Yvonne King, Catherine's Musings
Melissa Trudinger, Bead Recipes
Shaiha Williams, Shaiha's Ramblings
Chris Eisenberg, Wanderware
Eleanor Burian Moore, The Charmed Life
Kay Thomerson, Kayz Kreationz
Jill Bradley, Chat 2 Jill 
Rebecca Ednie, Eclectic Endeavours

I thought that I would share some pieces that I have created in the past inspired by an ocean dweller. Here is a picture of a sea anemone for Margie Deeb's Beader's Color Palette book.  It listed the delica colours of 203/910/073/281.
Sea Anemone
As a color experiment I did the tuffet box pattern, from Julia Pretl's Little Bead Boxes book, three times. Each time I change the placement of the colours with in the pattern.

Sea Anemone Tuffets

Last June I took Jean Power's Geometric Stars class. I decided to use the colour from the sea anemone inspiration. Once again I experimented with the placment of the colours within the pattern.
Sea Anemone Stars
Take time to hop around and see what everyone has created.

Happy Beading!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely in awe of such intricate seed bead work. The colours look beautiful together too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I can't believe what you've done. Fabulous work. I sat here staring in awe for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete