pinterest pin it

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Turquoise Drops Netted Collar

Here is another project that got buried on my beading table.

It started back in Febuary with some lovely turquoise beads that I purchased during a destash event host by Lisa Lodge on Facebook.

I wanted to make a netted collar with the drops along the bottom. I played with the colour of the seed bead, the accent crystals and the placement of the drops.
Size 8 seed beads with 3mm fire polished crystals and no picots

Same beads as above with the addition of a picot between the drops
Size 11 seed beads with 3mm fire polished crystals and picots
Comparison image
In the end I decided to use the size 8 gunmetal seed beads, 4 mm heliotrope Swarovski crystals and the turquoise drops. I did not have enough of the aqua fire polished crystals that I have used in the samples and I did not want to purchase anything else for this project.

I got the necklace started but once again it got put aside as I worked on other projects and challenges.

This only took an afternoon to finish. I used bead tips and silver tone findings to finish the piece.
Close up of necklace
Overall image
On to other unfinished projects.

Happy Beading!

No comments:

Post a Comment